Friday, February 26, 2016

Knock! Knock!

Our master bathroom was full of brass - taps, shower enclosure & towel bars.

Now that we've gotten rid of it, the only brass left in our house is our door knobs.

I know that gold hardware is making a comeback but it's not my taste.

It's so dated looking!

We have 11 30-year-old brass door knobs left but I'm slowly converting them to brushed nickel.



I did find all the same knobs for replacing the brass ones -  it just takes me time to go through and do every door.

After this is done the next job will be to repaint all the doors and trim in the house (maybe this summer?).

The only problem I've encountered so far with switching out brass for nickel is my pocket door hardware.



I could not find a brushed nickel or stainless pull to fit the rectangular opening made for the original brass one.

So I spray painted the brass one with Rustoleum Universal in Satin Nickel.




There are all kinds of blog posts and articles about spray painting the actual door knobs and I did consider this.  But mine do get a lot of traffic and I didn't know if the spray paint would hold up.

However, now that I have a new can of spray paint I'm looking around the house to see what else I can revive with a Satin Nickel finish!!

Until next time...
Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment