Sunday, April 1, 2007

Like the sands through an hour glass...

Where did the weekend go?

Saturday we had a trip to the local mall for new runners for my boy (school track & field starts this week), a few things needed for around the house, and some groceries (mostly ingredients for that night's appetizer).

I spent the late afternoon making afore-mentioned appetizers for a soccer wrap up party on Saturday night where I drank way too much wine and ate too much apple tart! Check the bottom of this post for my Asparagus Appetizer recipe.

Today I started the day off puttering around and spent the morning "bonding" with the kids - ok we watched a couple of movies and I caught up on some laundry! I didn't make it out of my pjs until almost 3 pm!

Every once in a while I'd go and check my emails, bounce around a few blogs and waste some time on the computer. If my husband asks - I'm doing "research" for my May classes. Which is kind of true!

It's almost dinner time here and so far today I've done 4 loads, walked the dog down to the beach and back, LOTS of "research" and I'm now waiting on my husband to come home from shopping for new runners for my boy. Apparently he didn't like the ones that we picked out yesterday and went in search of the "right" ones. We'll see what he returns with!

I did kind of have a lazy weekend but I'm still amazed at how quickly the time has slipped away...

Tomorrow we will be back to the hustle and bustle of the week - back to school, back to work and back to my "research"!


Marie's Asparagus Appetizer
-----------------------------

1 bunch of Asparagus
1 package of garlic & fine herbs Boursin cheese spread
sliced prosciutto (I buy the president's choice brand in the 125 g package)

1. Rinse and then snap off the ends of the asparagus. Blanch the asparagus and then set aside to drain. * I boil until slightly tender in my big pasta pot with the strainer. Then I take the strainer out of the pot and set it in a large bowl of ice water. Then I take the strainer out of the bowl and set it in the sink to drain.
2. Take a slice of the prosciutto and spread the Boursin on it. * You only need to wrap this once around the asparagus. The president's choice prosciutto is almost 7 inches long so I cut it in half to wrap around 2 pieces of asparagus.
3. Take a piece of asparagus and wrap the prosciutto around it. Lay it on a baking pan.
4. Repeat steps 1 - 3 until you have used up your ingredients. * Yesterday I made 46 of these suckers - I used 3 bunches of asparagus, 3 packages of prosciutto and 2 packages of Bornsin (I had a bit of Borsin leftover).
5. These are meant to be baked in the oven but if you want to make them ahead of time they can be covered with plastic wrap and kept refridgerated until you need them.
6. Bake these (uncovered on the baking pan) in a 375 degree F oven for about 15 minutes.
7. Serve warm.

I got this recipe from a friend, who got it from another friend and so on. I'm not even sure this is the same recipe as the original but this is how I make it and they were a big hit at the party last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment