Sunday, July 18, 2010

Alter it with Vinyl Clings!

I recently "redid" my kids' upstairs homework area. 

This is how it looks now - I always forget to take Before photos - sorry about that!

I bought an Ikea black table top and brushed stainless legs but had a hard time deciding which drawer unit to buy. 

I really liked THIS ONE but felt it would take up too much space and I wanted something that would fit under the table.

I decided on Micke from Ikea (no longer available) but I hated the white drawers and I really wanted something that was all dark brown or black.

So to "funk" it up I decided to add some vinyl clings to the drawer fronts to take away some of the "white".
I'm really happy with how it turned out:


Stampin' Up! has a whole line of Definitely Decorative vinyl that would be suitable for this kind of "redecorating" as well you can find lots of these wall art clings at various stores. 

If you can't find what you're looking for you might want to consider buying the vinyl and making your own with a Cricut cutting machine or cutting out shapes with some dies and a Big Shot.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea... I really love the draw fronts. I'm going to keep that in mind!!!

    ReplyDelete