It was too small for my door, it was too thick, I didn't like the coat hanger showing, it was losing it's shape from the weight of all the ornaments, and it was scratching my door.
This is what it looked like
So last night I fired up the glue gun and re-did the wreath.
I used the same ornaments just mounted them on a different base!
I used a 24" artificial wreath ($5 - found one 50% off) and wrapped it with gold tulle ($3 on sale too). I wrapped the tulle around it to hold down the greenery and protect my door from getting scratched.
When I glued down all the ornaments I noticed that there were gaps where the cap of the ornament showed or between ornaments. So I bought some small filler balls in red and gold to glue into the "cracks".
ARTIFICIAL WREATH BASE PROFILE